Labenne’s snake run and skate park
There’s a small yet super fun skate park (including bowl, boxes and rails) at ‘skate-distance’ of the B&B. This year, a new snake run was added. It’s the ideal way to improve your surf skills on land, and for kids to have fun with their step, BMX or skateboard. The coming years, the skate park will be expanded even more.
Hiking and experiencing culture in the Basque country
We are at a short distance of the foothills of the Pyrenees and we can recommend various beautiful hikes of different difficulty levels within a 100 km radius. Perfect for nature lovers who’d like to spend time in a totally different wonderful environment.
There’s a lot more to Labenne than just surfing. Other attractions include:
- Vin du Sable, vineyard & wine tasting La pointe (5km)
- Yoga & Sauna in Labenne, Dune & D’eau
- Beautiful bicycle ride too Capbreton & Hossegor along Boudigau
- Biking and mountainbiking
- Relaxing on its calm beaches
- Shop in the countless surf outlet stores of Soorts Hossegor
- If you’re looking for a new surfboard, we’d love to help you find the perfect one
- We know the best restaurants around
- Dive into Hossegor’s vibrant nightlife
- We can arrange fatbikes. With these bikes you can search for you very own virgin wave.
- ‘Snow is only frozen water’: carve the slopes of the Pyrenees with your snowboard in the morning and less than two hours later you can be paddling, looking for the perfect barrel in Atlantic. An experience to never forget!
- Adventure park Labenne
- Waterpark Labenne
- Very good swimming lessons with Greg in Labenne
- Indoor playground Tarnos
- Beautiful outdoor playground pays Basque
- Horse-riding centre of Labenne
Horseriding with Shetland pony Minus: in a horse-riding centre in Labenne. The pony walks a fixed route for half an hour. 10 €/30 minutes. Suited for kids of age 1 to 2. It’s best to make a reservation by telephone in advance.
- Visit the Zoo Labenne
Zoo Labenne is a small and interactive chield-friendly zoo. The animals live in relatively big cabins and can be caressed by the kids. It is possible to feed the animals with popcorn bought at the entrance. Feeding the goats in their pen is amazing!
- Lake Hossegor or Souston
Getting tired for a moment of the wild sea and it’s high waves? A good alternative to play with little children are the more quiet lakes. It is possible to rent SUPS (Hossegor) or Pedalo boats (Souston). Your children can play on the beaches on both sides of the lake, sheltered from heavy winds and in presence of lifeguards. Pay attention: the lake of Hossegor is connected to the sea. Therefore it is better to avoid the lake at ebb tide.
- Aquarium in Biarritz
Nice, beautiful building.
- Cité de l’ocean
Interactive and modern museum. Suited for children over 8 years old. Visits take between 2 and 3 hours.
- Centre aquatique Aygueblue
Splendid indoor pool. Half an hour drive from Labenne, entrance €5. Free entrance for kids under the age of 3. Possibility to enter the pool and sauna for €10.
- Go for a walk with Mawi
Ask our team for Mawis leach so you can discover the woods and the beach. Mawi knows his way.
- Balade sur mer
A boattrip. Different ports nearby offer boattrips. Perfect to discover the sea and the seashore. Boats depart from Bayonne, Saint Jean de Luz,… Personally, we recommend this one in Hendaye: https://www.hendayais.com
- Browse different markets
The market in Capbreton (Saturday morning) is nice. The market in Hossegor (Sunday morning) is touristic but still enjoyable. It’s a good place to enjoy delicious tapas. The market in Bayonne (on Saturday mornings) is our favourite. You can not only buy local products, but also enjoy a drink at the indoor marketplace.